Posted on March 30th, 2012
Here is a tutorial on how to flash dd-wrt on to the TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND. Although this guide is meant for a specific type of router it should be fairly similar to any router compatible with dd-wrt.
- First off go to dd-wrt.com.
- Click on Router Database
- Do a search for TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND
- Click the only available version.
- Download both files in the description
- Now do a 30/30/30 reset on your router. Do this by holding the reset button on your router for 30 seconds, now without letting go of the reset button unplug the router. Hold for 30 seconds with it unplugged. Again not letting go of the reset button plug the router back in and hold for another 30 seconds. Once you have done this your router is now restored to default settings. Any customizations will be lost.
- Log into your routers control panel. Do this by connecting your computer to one of the available LAN ports on the back of the router via ethernet cable(Make sure you use an ethernet cable you’ll need to connect this way for later on). To access the control panel for your router type 192.168.1.1 in your computers Internet Browser. The default username AND password is “admin”.
- Now click on “System Tools”. Then click on “Firmware Upgrade”. Now upload the file called “factory-to-ddwrt.bin”. Click upgrade. Don’t touch it during this process. Don’t unplug it, mess with the cables, close your internet browser(Don’t do anything until it says it’s done!)
- Now create a username and password for dd-wrt. Go to Administration Tab.
- Go to the firmware tab and upload the second file and click upgrade.
- After this you should be done. Let me know if there are any errors or if your having any trouble and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
******Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any hardware damages or software errors.*